Friday, February 24, 2012

I am planning on making mini pumpkin and apple pies with an after school group as a thanksgiving dessert for them to each bring home.

We have a large convection/toaster oven, but I'm not sure how the baking times/temperatures should be adjusted to compensate for the fact that they are so small. (We are using tart sized baking tins)

How do I adjust baking time/temperature to make mini pies?What I usually do when I make mini versions of a recipe is keep it the same temperature, and plan for the same time, but I watch it carefully and just experiment with it.

Like, does the recipe say something like "bake an hour, or until golden brown" or something? Just watch em until they meet the finished requirement. Make one of each mini pie for yourself for you to taste or test. If they don't taste/look done, then put em back in the oven.

I'm no professional chef so I'm sure there's probably a better way of figuring out the time, but...this is what i've always done.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment