Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can you help me find what I need to watch home videos from a mini camcorder videocassette?
I found some old mini videos from when i was a kid...but I don't know what the holder thing is called that you put the mini tapes in to watch them in the VCR. Do they come in different sizes? All these mini tapes say 30 on it. What do I have to buy to watch them?Can you help me find what I need to watch home videos from a mini camcorder videocassette?You say these are home videos from when you were a kid, and they all say "30" on them.

Could it be that they say "TC-30" on them? In that case, they would be VHS-C tapes, and there is a cassette adapter that will allow you to use them in a VHS VCR.

There are two types - one has a battery-powered motor to pull the tape into configuration for a full-size VHS VCR, and the other kind is purely mechanical.

I have links below.

If you are willing to wait for delivery, I would suggest buying one online; it costs MUCH less...

(Of course, you could always have the tapes put on DVDs)

[One more thing: VHS-C (and the variant SVHS-C) tapes are the only type of mini videocassettes that can be adapted to play in a VHS VCR (or an SVHS VCR if they're SVHS-C). Video8 /Hi8, MiniDV and others absolutely can not be adapted this way, and must be either played from the appropriate machine or copied.]Can you help me find what I need to watch home videos from a mini camcorder videocassette?The easiest thing to do is to have the tapes converted to DVD - that way you can preserve the images and the memories. You can have it done at a specialty store, in-house, or you can drop them off at most pharmacy photo shops and they'll send them away. Depending on the tape you have, you can probably find the adapter tape in ciruit city or if the video's really old, online. If you still have the camera, you could hook it up to the TV and watch the tapes that way too. But if I were you, I'd pay $30 (that's what it costs here) and have them put on DVDs... for future generations to enjoy.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment