Tuesday, February 14, 2012

He is a retired veteran, and currently has an old PC. I wish he would upgrade to a mac mini, but he's so old, I can't explain it! I showed him my new macbook, and he sort of loved it, but says he doesn't have a lot of money. I don't necessarily want him to buy one on impulse, I just want him to understand the differences.How can I explain a mac mini to my grandfather?my macs have NEVER ever caught a virus, malware, or spyware.

they have never shown the BSOD, the blue screen of death.

Hollywood uses them because they ALWAYS WORK. unlike windows which only works some of the time.

He will love a mac mini. They are just like toasters and microwave ovens -- they work all the time with NO drama.|||For older computer users this is an excellent idea. If you are a person who has to work with an older adult who has no idea about the difference between one operating system and another, this is a great solution. It's impossible to explain the benefits of a Mac to enlightened PC users.

Report Abuse

How can I explain a mac mini to my grandfather?It's like a midget hooker. Can do the exact same things but it's just physically smaller and gotta hold it differently.|||A Mac (mini or not) is just expensive hardware running *nix (BSD, in this case). Any intel or AMD hardware can run *nix, even your grandfather's computer. But why would he want to? (I know YOU want him to, but why would HE want to?) If he's not downloading a lot of junk, he doesn't run the risk of viruses, BSODs etc. (I've been on the internet since before it was the internet, have NEVER had a firewall turned on, and have NEVER gotten a virus on any of my computers.) There's really no reason for him to get a Mac, and lots of reasons not to. If you want to introduce him to *nix, dual-boot Ubuntu (or install it under Wubi) for him.How can I explain a mac mini to my grandfather?Why bother? If he is happy with what he has, why make him change?

Older people are set in their ways. Be a nice grandson and just spend quality time with him.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment