Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I recently had my laptop reformatted because it got all messed up. Now i have my ipod mini that still has all the songs on it from my previous itunes, i now downloaded itunes, and would like to know how to get all my songs from my ipod back to itunes, thanks.How do i get songs from my Ipod mini back on to my computer?This is how you get all the songs/videos/games/etc. from your iPod to your computer, without buying or downloading any kind of software (other than iTunes, of course). I'm going to write step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

NOTE: If you bought ALL of your music/etc. from iTunes, simply log into the new iTunes and plug in your iPod. Then sync it. A box will pop up and ask if you want to transfer your music. Click Yes. If you got your music from CDs, or off the internet, etc. then follow the directions below.

Keep in mind that all computers are different. If this doesn't work for you, I'm sorry. Email me at princessgreen@gmail.com (or kween_faerie_3@yahoo.com) and I'll try to help you out!



STEP 1:
- Plug in your iPod. iTunes should open up. If not, then open it how you normally open. Wait until it connects with the iPod.


STEP 2:
- A message will pop up and ask if you want to erase this iPod and sync with the iTunes library (or sometimes it asks if you want to transfer your music). Click Cancel.


STEP 3:
- Make sure you are on the iPod Options page (your iPod should pop up under Devices; click on it). Make sure the box that says "Enable disk use" is CHECKED.


STEP 4:
- Exit iTunes. Don't eject the iPod, though.


STEP 5:
- Go to your iTunes music folders. (It's usually located in Start > My Documents > My Music > iTunes.) Delete the XML and ITL files. NOTE: This will erase your existing iTunes library. Usually you only do this because you don't want copies of your songs, so you don't necessarily have to do this step. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN EXISTING LIBRARY, DO NOT DO THIS STEP!!!!!


STEP 6:
- Go to Start > My Computer. Then click on Tools > Folder Options > the "View" tab. In Advanced Settings (under Files and Folders) click "Show hidden files and folders". Then click OK.
NOTE: If you have Vista, you might need to go to Organize > Layout, and check Menu Bar first.


STEP 7:
- Go to Start > My Computer. Click on your iPod (for instance, mine says "VICKY'S IPOD (:F)". See the slightly see-through iPod_Control folder? Right click on it and scroll down to "Send to ... " and pick My Documents. NOTE: You can save it anywhere on your computer, but to make it easy I'm just going to pick a spot for you.


STEP 8:
- It will take a few minutes to copy everything. When it's done, unhide the iPod_Control folder that you just copied to My Documents (NOT the iPod_Control that is on your iPod!) by right-clicking on it. Scroll down to Properties. Then uncheck the Hidden attribute. A message will pop up and ask if you want to apply this to this folder, subfolders, and files. Make sure this option is chosen, and click OK. (You MUST do this step.)


STEP 9:
- Open iTunes. Remember that your iPod is still connected to the computer. You will get the same messages asking if you want to erase this iPod and sync it with the iTunes library, unless you chose "Do not ask me again". Click Cancel.


STEP 10:
- At the top, click on Edit > Preferences. Choose the "Advanced" tab. Make sure "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" are checked.


STEP 11:
- From iTunes, choose File (at the top) > Add Folder to Library. Navigate to the iPod_Control folder and click OK.


STEP 12:
- The files will begin to copy into your iTunes library. You might want to take this time to write down all your playlists, because when you sync your iPod again you'll lose them.


STEP 13:
- After your library fills up, simply click on your iPod under Devices and sync it! It will ask if you want to erase the songs and sync. Just click Yes. It doesn't matter now because all of your songs are on your computer.





Sometimes, for an unkown reason, songs are copied into iTunes with four-letter titles (ex: WGYT or JSFU). I'm sorry, I don't know any way to correct that aside from doing them each manually. Keep in mind that this is a FREE tutorial. You're not paying for anything, so just be happy that you got your songs =D|||If you have the latest version of iTunes, go under file, transfer purchases. If not, go to my computer, then your iPod, and click show hidden folders. I think this will work.How do i get songs from my Ipod mini back on to my computer?haha iTunes isnt very friendly about this, im guessing you lost all the music on your computer or bought a new one, if you bought a new one just get an external HD and transfer, if you lost it though there is a program called iPod Copy which will transfer all you music back into iTunes

ps this is the PC link, just google for the Mac link if you need it|||google idump. Then download it. Its a software that transfers media from your ipod to your computer and its a 100% free.How do i get songs from my Ipod mini back on to my computer?This ipod manage software can transfer the files from ipod to computer, ipod to iTunes, and iPod to iPod:
http://www.ipodtransfer.net/how-to-trans鈥?/a>

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment