Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My cat loves to get in between the mini blinds and sit in them in an open window, causing the blinds to either bend or break. How can I break him of this habit without having to keep the windows closed??How do you keep a cat from destroying mini blinds??We took down the ugly, bent, broken, mini blinds and put up vertical blinds. Now the cats can get in & out of the windows anytime they want without damaging the blinds.|||Get it declawed.How do you keep a cat from destroying mini blinds??Punt him.

Seriously, though. Try putting ground black pepper on the sill. Or get him with a spray bottle...|||Take the mini blinds down. The are outdated, ugly, and dangerous anyway.
If you are attached to your mini blinds, then you could pull them up just enough so that they aren't in the way of the cat.How do you keep a cat from destroying mini blinds??get rid of the blinds, this will solve the problem|||I've had the same problem. There is always the squirt bottle technique but you've really got to stick to it and even then it's questionable if they'll be on their best behavior when you're not around. But I have 5 cats and can't police them 24/7 so what I do is raise the blinds a little bit to where it's easier for the to just duck under the bottom of the blind rather than go thru. Or you can get miniblinds with wooden slats, they won't bend like the plastic ones. They also have pleated fabric ones.|||My cat use to do that to so I always made sure they were pulled up so she could sit and watch out the window. When she figured out that they could be opened she would sit and stair at them until I would open them..|||try buying some animal friendly deterint. my rabbit would bite the bars of his cage, and i bought some stuff at the pet store, that tastes HORRIBLE to them, but wont hurt them in any way. plus it apparently doesnt hurt your furniture. nice bonus to that. lol
if not, try rubbing some vinegar, or something on it. it might make ur hosue smell like french fries for a week though.|||I have had an awful time with this too. One of my cats in particular is very stubborn about wanting to look out--whether the window is open or closed. What I do is raise them a few inches. High enough for her to nose under them, but low enough so the whole neighborhood doesn't see in my house.|||Like most small children - cats are stubborn - if you have the time - get a garden spray bottle filled with water ONLY - set to spray a long stream - and blast the kitty every time it gets close to the windows or is messing with the blinds - they do learn - but it takes a lot of repetition|||My cat did this too. She wanted the window available to look out of and we wanted our privacy. We finally found a comprimise. We bought black, tightly woven screens to go on the outside that keeps people from being able to see in, and raised the blinds about six inches from the window frame. She can marvel at the world beyond, and I can rest easily without the worry of peeping tom cats. Oh, and I had my hubby test the screens ability to block by sending him outside to check. It works.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment