Friday, February 3, 2012

My Grandparents (I live with them) Say I can't have a horse because we don't have enough land. We do have enough land for a mini. I am going to act real proffsional and ask them. I made a sheet that has how we can get money from them, why, how i will take care of them, etc. What else do I need to do?How can I convice my grandparents to get me a mini horse?First of all, you should probably get two, so they aren't alone, otherwise maybe a mini and a goat? Or something.

Okay, a miniature horse is still a big responsibility, so you could tell them that. They cost MUCH less then a full size horse. You can still do lots of activities with them, driving, in-hand jumping, etc. I teach my friends mini's tricks. One knows how to rear, lay down, 'shake', bow and ring a bell. The other one knows how to sit, lay down, 'shake', and do the spanish walk. They are quick learners. =]

The average mini eats about 1-2 flakes of hay per day, with access to grass. Most don't need grain.

They only need about an acre of pasture, I would recommend a paddock and a pasture, (connected) with a shelter in each.
The shelters are cheaper to make too because they don't need to be as big.

Show them websites, like www.shetlandminiature.com and www.amha.com .
They will have more info.

Tell them you will help out with everything, building whatever is needed, providing all the care, helping out with money when you can, etc.
Good luck.How can I convice my grandparents to get me a mini horse?Grow up and accept the fact that they do not want to be responsible for a horse right now. Start saving your money so you can buy a horse on your own, and not waste your grandparents money.How can I convice my grandparents to get me a mini horse?girl i live wit my g-parents and thay gave me a hunderd dollers a week and i saved up and got 1 my self|||I would first start by proving you are responsible enough to own one, and second that you will pay for it yourself. If you are too young to get a job, ask your grandparents if they can come up with a "job" for you that would be an equivlent to them for paying for your horse. For instance, have them come up with a list of chores you have to do each week to earn its keep.. Then tell them if for ANY reason that they do not think that you are living up to your half of the deal, that they can sell it... haha That one worked on my parents numerous times... just make sure you live up to your half of the deal.. lol

Good luck

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment