Monday, February 6, 2012

I picked an orange from an indoor mini orange tree and got 4 seeds. I would like to plant them and grow my own tree and I'm not sure what the best method is. I took the seeds out of the fruit about a week ago and they have been sitting on my counter drying out.
Any help would be great, I really want one of these plants.
ThanksHow should I grow a mini orange tree from seed?The hardest part with orange seed is getting them to sprout. Peel off the outer layer of the seed. It is tough and you may need to use a knife. Then germinate the seed by putting it in a damp paper towel, and put that inside of a plastic baggy. It will sprout after 1 - 3 days. When you see a little sprout then you put that in the soil. A small pot with peat moss is best when starting out. Gradually move it to larger and larger pots. It will probably take it about 2 years to get bushy and produce fruit.How should I grow a mini orange tree from seed?You would be better off buying a mini-orange tree. With any hybrid, seeds usually don't grow into the same thing.
It might be fun to plant the seeds to see what you get, but it will be years and years before your tree bears fruit, if it ever does.How should I grow a mini orange tree from seed?Just plant them in separate pots water every so often and they should grow.|||its kind of a crap shoot. you wont get the same tasting orange that you ate. Clones are your sure way to duplicate

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment