Tuesday, February 21, 2012

i have a mad little mini clubman. I really want to turbocharge it. I have around $20,000 to spend do u think it will cost more what parts will i need ect

thank youHow much would it cost to turbocharge a mini clubman?I am a trained tech, and a 1963 mini 850 was my first car ever to work on at age 14! I love these cars. My guess, is that its carbureted. If that is the case, it presents a small challenge as carbs dont like turbos, but perhaps a supercharger?

I would think for such and application, it would be custom. If this is a fuel injection newer mini, than you can get away with a nice turbo. Otherwise, research a supercharger diagram with a carburetor before the supercharger inlet to get an idea. A good screw type one that I think may pack in back of the engine is a Eaton. A centrifugal will require more piping, but may be much easier to package. Remember you must align you pulley to the other pulleys, especially the crank with the supercherger pulley.
Any questions ask.
Good luck on the Clubman!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment