Friday, March 9, 2012

My new baby mini horse had a very, very thick winter coat. He's starting to shed and he's rubbing himself on everything and he's rubbing some areas almost down to the skin! His coat is much more wirey and much longer than my big horses so it seems more difficult to deal with. Are there any special tools I could use for this type of coat? His skin is also very dry, any treatments or shampoos I could use on him as well?How can I help my mini horse shed his winter coat faster?use a shedding blade and a curry comb. For his skin I suggest some type of gentle or medicated shampoo. (becareful if the shampoo has an iodine base because it can temporarily stain a light colored horse) Equus makes some decent shampoos. You can also add some babyoil to a bucket of shampoo when you wash him to help his skin. I have an app with sensitive skin and I wash him with Jergens or Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo.|||Let him be outside in the daylight as much as possible. Brush him everyday with a rubber curry and then a softer finishing brush. Use a shedding blade - this will really get the shedding hair to fall out in big clumps.

There is an antifungul shampoo made by Best that I really like. It is gentle enough to use everyday (even though no one should bathe their horse with soap too often), antifungul and it is pretty inexpensive. My TB is very sensitive to everything and he tolerates this shampoo very well.How can I help my mini horse shed his winter coat faster?Yes, there are a few products for you to use. What I use right now, (it's a brush) works really well for shedding Do you have a rubber curry comb? Well, they make metal ones too. They can come in a round shape with a handle or another kind of shape that i can't really explain. Here is the link to a picture of the round one. http://www.nordicforgeinc.com/CurryComb.鈥?/a>

These are not very expensive and you can buy them at any feed store or horse store. Also, you can use some shampoo to stop the itching and dry skin. The brand is called EQyss. They have a variety of shampoos that help this so be sure to read the descriptions. Also, their products are all natural. Personally, I like this brand because it works and smells really good|||The most natural way for a horse to lose their hair, would be to blanket him, groom him thoroughly on a daily basis, and bath him (when it is warm enough). Also, a very effective and afordable soap to use, is Ivory soap, it is actually dish soap, but very gently and it gets the dirt and grime out! I know from years of experience grooming grand pre horses, as well as training horses.How can I help my mini horse shed his winter coat faster?Well, the horses shed their coats when it gets warmer, so i wouldn't rush the process.

When ever im grooming the lesson horses at my stable, i give them a good currycombing, and A LOT of hair comes off. I have 3 sweatshirts that i only use for the barn because they are covered in horse hair. Its ridiculous.


As for the dry skin things, I'm sure your tack shop would have something to reccomend.|||I really wouldn't advising you clip him this late in the season, it could have a negative affect on his summer coat.
I would use a shedding blade, and also use a rubber curry comb in little circles, this will encourage his winter coat out.
A bath always helps too, but be sure the weather isn't too cold!!!
Good luck!|||I just went to the trainers yesterday to see my horse (4 hour drive) and he is shedding like crazy.. I worked on him for 2 hours and he was shedding all over the place. When I left I think I had just as much hair on me. There is no magic way to get rid of it.. just brush brush brush. He is rubbing to try to get rid of it himself. If you get a nice warm day brush him good then give him a nice warm bath. That will loosen up and get rid of a bunch of it plus he will be clean so maybe less itchy. Just make sure you rinse really really well since his hair is so thick. good luck with your new baby! Post a picture!
Hey Thirtyse... did you groom Grand Pre horses of Grand Prix????|||You could shave him but, right now is a weird time, I have something called the furmanator! it works great! I think this might help to....
http://thehaughtyhorse.com/horseshave.as鈥?/a> I use it on whiskers, and ear hair so, it should work.
Also, you might also want to confider something different if you shave him and hes still rubbing, maybe a skin condition. probally not buts its good to always look at other things that could happen.

The baby minis are soooooooooo cute have fun!!!!!|||First us a curry comb all over. Then give him a bath with a gentle horse shampoo and conditioner and squeegee the water out of his coat. Next let him dry. Then use a shedder (http://www.dog-supplies-advisor.com/imag鈥?/a> and then use a soft brush and you are done! This will get the majority of the loose hair out.|||You could shave him in a blanket pattern
so he doesnt get to cold in the weather.

Also try giving him a couple handfuls of grain with a
pump vergetable oil, its really good for their skin/coat.
look here for a diagram:

<link>http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ecmagazine.net/ecfall05/WebsitePhotosFall05/bcBlanketClip.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ecmagazine.net/ecfall05/BuzzCut.htm&usg=__kHD_8X5iX1ozIdGDvChQa75LUkc=&h=224&w=250&sz=11&hl=en&start=9&sig2=ZpwKBZWXhf7jTk8oI_NGOg&um=1&tbnid=a1LUsCPCAxaeNM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=111&ei=N2m0Sev-HI6qsAOFw7iXAg&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBody%2BClipping%2BHorses%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1 </link>|||Horse will usally lose there hair more when it get wormer. i dont think it is a good idea to shave him right now.|||brush it duuduuu stupid|||brush it more often

火车采集器
  • pro comp
  • rachel zoe collection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment