Friday, March 9, 2012

My mini mare and colt born April 30 need more pasture at this time. Can I put the mare and colt in with my stud? I know he cannot be near the colt at birth but when is it ok to be in the pastures together? I also have a 1 year old Jack and 2 ,10 year old Jennys in the same pasture. This is my first time to have a colt and he is doing wonderful.Can my mini colt be in a pasture with my mini stud at 5 weeks?My friend's mare just had her foal a few weeks ago. They had to move their "alpha" gelding to his own pasture. Because the baby is a colt they thought that the gelding might get to rough with the little guy and try to show his dominance. In this case I think it was definitely wise of them to separate the two boys.

As far as your situation goes I'd probably wait a little longer before turning them out together.|||i am sorry i have never had to deal with a foal so i wouldn't know sorryCan my mini colt be in a pasture with my mini stud at 5 weeks?are your jack gelded? You didn't say so I thought I would ask.

Just my own opinion, I would keep mom and baby away from the stud and especially the jack if he isn't gelded, for now...right after giving birth a mare can be bred again...didn't know if you want that or not, but you don't sound like a professional breeder so it would probably be a good idea to keep the mare away from the stud.|||I sure wouldn't try it!Can my mini colt be in a pasture with my mini stud at 5 weeks?Why risk it?

You do realize, if your jack isn't cut, you're going to have two donkey babies in awhile...and if you stick your open mare out with the stud, you're going to have a foal again next year?

And you're limited on space?? Why would you want to do that?

I'm befuddled.|||puting your mini stud in with your mare and foal depends on the little guys temperment. we have our mares foaling in the same pasture with the mares, they have to know the stallion and he has to have a good temperment, and defently not with your 1 year ol jack. though minis could be different im not sure mares of any kind are very protctive and there pretty aggressive when it comes to thier babys they can send a stallion cowering to the corner so better to be safe than sorry.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment