Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am planning on getting a mini horse within the next few years and I was wondering what kind of pasture friend he should have. I don't want 2 mini horses or 2 goats, would it be okay to have 1 mini and 1 pygmy goat as friends?Is a pygmy goat a good friend for a mini horse?Goats can make awesome companion pets for lonely horses. It really depends on the specific goat and horse though. Just like with a group of horses, some of them are good friends and some of them don't care for each other. It depends on the particular animals. It's definitely worth a try! I also want to have a pygmy goat at some point! There are some at the barn where I ride and they are very sweet.Is a pygmy goat a good friend for a mini horse?It might work out, but goats are pack animals and need other goats for company. If you're looking for goats in your local newspaper, you could probably find 2 goats really cheap. However, I think that a pygmy is a little small for a horse, even if it's miniature.I'd be worried about the goat getting trampled and hurt. I would get a dairy breed wether, which is a castrated male, so it's a little bigger. The dairy breeds are Alpine, Lamancha, Nubian, Toggenburg, Oberhasli, Saanen, Sable, and Recorded Grade. So, I would try to find a breeder in your area with a wether of one of these breeds or you might even find some in the local newspaper. I've known goats to get along really well with horses, but I would still get two so the goat isn't too lonely. The horse on the other hand, should be satisfied with the company of the goat(s). Good luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment