Saturday, March 3, 2012

I used to drive a small car before we had kids & recently I have started a new job & will have to drive our mini van to & from work. I am really nervous about this, I feel like its to big & hard to park etc... Do you have any tips or tricks to help me out? all answers will be much appreciated. Thanks!How do I get over my fear of driving our mini van?The biggest difference between driving a van and driving a car is getting used to sitting higher and using your outside mirrors. You must get comfortable with using the mirrors. Using your outside mirrors is the key to driving a van.

I would have someone drive you to a High School, a church or shopping center parking lot when they are closed or not well attended. If you have buckets or cones, I would set them up and practice backing up maneuvers as well as steering maneuvers. You need to gain confidence in yourself and get a feel for the van. It takes time but once you get the hang of it, you may prefer driving a vehicle where you sit up higher. Sitting up higher allows an improved sight line. You can do it. Just have confidence in yourself.

By the way, the next time you are on the road, take a look at how many females drive school buses and semi trucks. Now there is a challenge! However, they didn't have any more skill than you when they first started. They just had the courage to do it.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment