Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The speakers are some speakers from my old stereo and I have a pro tools m-box mini. The speakers have the red and black cables but the m-box has 1/4" outputs and hooks up via usb. Can I get a converter from the black and red stereo cable to 1/4" and if so can the usb power the speakers and the m-box without issues? Or do I need to buy some fancy studio monitors or a speaker amp or receiver?How can I hook up my speakers to my pro tools mini set up?Those speakers cannot be connected to the mbox directly. Adapters will not work. What you need is what you thought you needed - an amplifier for those speakers or powered monitors (monitors with an amp built in). Anyway, you do not have to spend a fortune to get a pair of powered monitors:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MS16-Pow鈥?/a>How can I hook up my speakers to my pro tools mini set up?As you already know, the M-box 2 (series) only has 1/4" outputs. This means if you wish to connect an external speaker system to the M-box 2 Mini, you'll need to use converter adapters (1/4" mono to rca, per channel).

To answer "can the usb power the speakers and the m-box without issues?" - No. No audio interface (internal or external, usb or firewire) can power speakers by themselves. Speakers receive their power from an on-board amp or receiver.

My recommendation is to either purchase nice computer speakers (2.1) and use converter adapters... or purchase studio monitors.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment