Friday, February 3, 2012

I recently started taking the mini pill Camila. I am nursing my 5 month old so this seemed like the best option for me. Plus I may want to conceive when my daughter is about 1 so I don't want to take depo provera. Been there, done that. My question is how many people taking the mini pill have gotten pregnant on it while taking it correctly? I take it every morning between 5 and 6:30am. Thanks!How many have gotten pregnant on the mini pill?The FDA site suggests that it has a 0.5% failure rate, "if used perfectly." This means that, in general, 1 in 200 sexual encounters (that would otherwise have resulted in pregnancy) will result in pregnancy, even if you are using the pill perfectly. It then says that the overall average failure rate, across the board, is 5%, "due to late or omitted pills." This would be 1 in 20.

If you don't do it that often, and if you don't mind POSSIBLY getting pregnant again, then it sounds like this is a pretty safe method for now. (It sounds like it has a better success rate than a lot of other contraceptives out there.) If you really want to be sure, then you may just have to say no to your spouse for a while. Not pleasant, but that's really the only 100% sure way.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment